With its extensive network of highways, Texas hosts a significant number of commercial trucks. While these vehicles are essential for the economy, their sheer size and weight, combined with factors like driver fatigue or inadequate training, contribute to severe accidents. This is why there are so many Texas trucking laws and regulations. When truck collisions occur, they often result in serious injuries or fatalities—drastically altering the lives of the victims and their families.
If you have been injured in a truck accident, you deserve justice. The attorneys at Dollar, Burns, Becker & Hershewe can represent your claim against the truck driver and his or her employer and advocate aggressively for your maximum recovery. We urge you to schedule a free consultation with our Texas trucking accident attorneys today by calling (818) 876-2600 and take your first steps toward justice.
Why Choose Our Texas Trucking Accident Lawyers?
- Drawing on decades of experience, our firm has achieved noteworthy success in trucking accident cases and obtained substantial compensation for our clients.
- We believe in open and honest communication. Our firm will be available throughout your case to answer your questions and prepare you for each stage of your case.
- Our recognition in America’s Top 100, Super Lawyers, and U.S. News Best Law Firms highlights our national standing and relentless pursuit of justice.
Your Legal Options After a Truck Accident
In the aftermath of a truck accident, understanding your legal rights is vital. Texas laws provide several avenues for victims to pursue compensation after these devastating incidents. An attorney from Dollar, Burns, Becker & Hershewe can guide you through each of these options, which may include:
- Personal Injury Lawsuits: If you’ve been injured due to someone else’s negligence, such as a truck driver’s recklessness or a company’s failure to maintain its vehicle, you may file a personal injury claim. This allows you to seek damages for medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other related costs.
- Wrongful Death Claims: In unfortunate instances where a loved one is killed in a truck accident, surviving family members can pursue a wrongful death claim. This claim can provide compensation for mental anguish, loss of companionship, and lost income.
- Product Liability Claims: Sometimes, the accident might be caused by a defective truck part. In such cases, you can bring a product liability claim against the manufacturer of the faulty component.
What to Do If You Are Hit by a Truck in Texas
Being involved in a truck accident can be overwhelming. Knowing the steps to take immediately after can make a significant difference in your recovery and legal journey. To protect your right to compensation, take the following steps:
- Seek Medical Attention: Even if you feel fine, some injuries may not show symptoms immediately. Always get a medical evaluation after an accident.
- Document the Scene: If you are able, take photos of the accident scene, vehicle damages, and any visible injuries. Gather witness details and their accounts.
- Report the Accident: Notify the police and file an accident report. This document can be pivotal when pursuing legal action.
Once you’ve addressed your immediate needs, reach out to a truck accident attorney in Texas. A lawyer can provide invaluable advice, assist with evidence gathering, and represent your interests in negotiations or court proceedings.
Contact Us Today for a Free Consultation
Navigating a truck accident claim requires legal skills and deep expertise. The truck accident lawyers in Texas from Dollar, Burns, Becker & Hershewe, L.C. are equipped with the resources and knowledge to fight for your right to justice. Contact us at (877) 816-2600 to discuss your case with a Texas trucking accident lawyer and plan your path forward.