On the highways of Oklahoma, drivers often share the road with large commercial trucks. These vehicles, vital for transporting goods nationwide, are massive in size and power. This is why there are many Oklahoma trucking rules and regulations. Given this substantial disparity, any collision involving these trucks can lead to severe, sometimes catastrophic, damage.
At Dollar, Burns, Becker & Hershewe, our attorneys have extensive experience in truck accident litigation. Our Oklahoma trucking accident lawyers can help you seek justice after these catastrophic events, fighting for your right to just compensation. Don’t navigate your claim alone—contact us today and learn how we can help.
Why Choose Our Oklahoma Trucking Accident Attorneys?
- Our firm stands on a legacy of success in trucking accident litigation. We have recovered millions of dollars for truck accident victims, reflecting our commitment and expertise.
- We have been nationally recognized for our advocacy, achieving accolades from America’s Top 100, Super Lawyers, and U.S. News Best Law Firms.
- The aftermath of a truck accident can be devastating. Our firm will provide not only legal representation but compassionate support, making sure that you get the help you need.
Common Causes of Truck Accidents in Oklahoma
Trucking accidents in Oklahoma occur due to various factors, often more complex than typical auto accidents due to the size and nature of commercial trucks. Understanding these causes is crucial in determining liability and pursuing fair compensation.
Common causes of truck accidents include:
- Driver Fatigue: Truck drivers often face grueling schedules, leading to exhaustion that can impair reaction time and decision-making.
- Improper Loading: Unbalanced or overloaded trucks can cause tipping or loss of control, especially at high speeds or in challenging driving conditions.
- Lack of Maintenance: Failing to adhere to maintenance schedules can result in critical system failures, such as brake malfunctions or tire blowouts.
What Compensation Can You Recover After a Truck Accident?
Victims of truck accidents can seek several types of compensation to alleviate the burdens associated with their injuries. These may include current and future medical bills related to injuries sustained in the accident, compensation for lost income and diminished earning capacity, and property damaged in the crash. You can also seek compensation for non-economic pain and suffering, such as physical pain, emotional distress, and a decreased quality of life.
Truck accident settlements can be large, depending on the nature of your injuries. The trucking accident attorneys in Oklahoma at Dollar, Burns, Becker & Hershewe can help assess the extent of your damages and accurately estimate your potential award.
Should You Hire a Trucking Accident Lawyer in Oklahoma to Represent Your Claim?
Navigating the aftermath of a truck accident alone can be daunting, given the legal nuances and the trucking company’s resources. An experienced attorney understands the intricate regulations governing the trucking industry and can identify potential areas of negligence or misconduct. When dealing with insurance companies, your Oklahoma trucking accident lawyer’s negotiation skills can strengthen your case for compensation.
Moreover, if your claim proceeds to trial, an experienced attorney will meticulously build and present your case, maximizing the chance of a favorable outcome. Don’t hesitate to seek help after a truck accident—contact an Oklahoma trucking accident attorney who can stand by your side and defend your rights.
Contact Dollar, Burns, Becker & Hershewe Today
Victims of trucking accidents in Oklahoma deserve justice. If you were hit by a truck, the attorneys at Dollar, Burns, Becker & Hershewe can fight for your rights and hold the driver and his or her employer accountable. Contact us at (877) 816-2600 to schedule a free case consultation and take your first steps toward justice.