Have you or a loved one been injured in a car accident in Columbia, Missouri? Are you drowning in medical bills and insurance paperwork while you’re just trying to heal from this accident?
If the accident was due to the careless actions of a third party, you may have a personal injury case – and the law firm of Dollar, Burns, Becker & Hershewe is here to help you.
At Dollar, Burns, Becker & Hershewe, we pride ourselves on skillfully navigating civil courts on behalf of our clients. As one of Boone County’s most pre-eminent law firms, we regularly win settlements and jury verdicts in the eight figures.
Our commitment to our client’s physical, emotional, and financial well-being is why we offer clients a contingency fee payment structure – meaning clients don’t pay us until we successfully conclude their case.
So there’s no risk or obligation when contacting us for your free Columbia car accident case review and consultation. In this appointment, our Columbia car accident lawyers will examine the details of your case and determine next steps.
How Can A Columbia Car Accident Attorney Help Me?
Most individuals understand that a Missouri car accident lawyer can be someone who can represent them in court, but an attorney can do so much more than that.
A good Columbia car accident attorney, like those at Dollar, Burns, Becker & Hershewe, can:
- Collect Evidence: Gathering crucial evidence like accident reports, medical records, and witness statements builds a strong case. The strength of your Columbia car accident case depends on preserving any evidence related to your claim.
- Monitor Deadlines: Keeping track of legal deadlines prevents your case from being dismissed due to missed time constraints.In Missouri, the statute of limitations in filing a car accident case is five years from the date of injury, according to RSMo 516.120. That seems like a long time, but the more time passes without making efforts on your case, the more difficult your case will be.
- Organize Documentation: Keeping all relevant documents makes it easier for lawyers to present a compelling case in settlement proceedings or court.
- Research Relevant Case Law: Studying past cases helps attorneys understand how they apply to your situation, enhancing your chances of a favorable outcome.
- Negotiate With Insurers: To secure the best possible settlement for their clients,
lawyers can negotiate with insurance companies.
- Advise Clients: Providing experienced guidance and advice throughout the legal process ensures your rights and interests are always protected.
Determining Liability In A Missouri Car Accident
Missouri abides by what’s known as a “pure comparative fault” doctrine under RSMo 537.765. That means that all parties involved could be eligible for damages, even if they were 99% at fault for the accident.
In this example, an individual found almost entirely at fault for the accident could receive 1% of the damages – proportional to the percentage they were not at fault.
Need Help After Your Columbia Car Accident? Contact Dollar, Burns, Becker & Hershewe
Our firm has recovered over $1 billion in successful settlements and jury verdicts. If you need help after your car accident, we’re here for you.
Call us toll-free at (877) 816-2600 or book your appointment online.