Have you experienced a motorcycle accident due to a third party’s negligence? If you’re uncertain about the viability of your case, the law firm of Dollar, Burns, Becker & Hershewe is here to help.
- Trial-proven lawyers with a track record of excellence. Our legal team has won over $1 billion in successful jury verdicts and settlements throughout our firm’s history.
- Compassionate legal professionals who only collect payment after we win your case. We offer this contingency fee payment structure to all our clients, ensuring we never take any compensation from you unless we produce a successful conclusion to your case.
- Award-winning attorneys who understand how insurance companies truly operate. At their core, insurance companies only have a true concern for their bottom line. We know how to navigate their tactics to produce maximum compensation as a result of your case.
So, if you’re interested in joining our hundreds of satisfied clients, contact our team today. Call toll-free at (877) 816-2600 or schedule a free, no-obligation case review online.
How Can A Lawyer With Motorcycle Accident Experience Help Me in Columbia?
A worthwhile Columbia motorcycle accident attorney can be the deciding factor in your case’s success. If you work with a helpful Columbia motorcycle accident lawyer, like those at Dollar, Burns, Becker & Hershewe, you’ll experience the following:
- Confidence in navigating the real issues impacting motorcycle accident victims. For instance, lane splitting (a common motorcycle maneuver) is not technically illegal in Missouri despite legislative attempts to make it so. If a motorcycle accident victim is lane splitting and an accident happens, an experienced motorcycle attorney would know how to handle the situation.
- A thorough commitment to concluding your case successfully. From collecting evidence to acting as a proxy between you and insurance companies, a skilled Columbia motorcycle accident lawyer will do everything within their power to win your case.
- Legal expertise that goes beyond just settlement negotiations. Having real trial experience is invaluable in any kind of personal injury case, but especially in a motorcycle accident case. The courtroom skills needed to present complex claims and secure compensation for clients effectively can only be gained through experience.
Am I Required To Wear A Helmet When Riding A Motorcycle In Missouri?
According to RSMo 302.020, only riders under 26, or those with a motorcycle permit (regardless of age) must wear a helmet. While it is recommended that motorcyclists wear a helmet when riding, it’s a common misconception that motorcycle helmets prevent all fatal crashes. In fact, according to the National Safety Council, only 38% of motorcycle fatalities occurred with an unhelmeted rider.
What Is The Deadline In Filing A Motorcycle Case In Missouri?
Missouri motorcycle accident victims only have five years to start legal proceedings in their case, according to RSMo 516.120. While that sounds like a long time, that deadline will pass faster than anticipated. The reality is that the longer you wait, the more challenging it will likely be to win your case.
While it’s not impossible to win a case substantially after the accident, insurers and opposing counsel will use your delay as proof that your case isn’t particularly serious or valid.
Columbia Motorcyclists Count On Representation From Dollar, Burns, Becker & Hershewe
Schedule your free, no-obligation case review and consultation by going online or calling us toll-free at (877) 816-2600.