Have you or a loved one experienced a tragic motorcycle accident as the result of the negligent actions of another driver? Are you reeling from the incident, facing extensive medical bills and overwhelming correspondence from insurance companies? The Lee’s Summit personal injury attorneys from Dollar, Burns, Becker, & Hershewe can help you win your case.
Contact Dollar, Burns, Becker & Hershewe, today to book your free, no-obligation case review and consultation by calling toll-free at (877) 816-2600 or booking online.
Why Choose Dollar, Burns, Becker & Hershewe
At Dollar, Burns, Becker & Hershewe we fight for your right to maximum compensation in settlement proceedings or court.
Missouri motorcycle victims have been choosing the firm of Dollar, Burns, Becker & Hershewe, for decades. Despite being a compassionate firm for our clients, we never go easy on the defendant who harmed you.
It’s our approach that leads to substantial award amounts in cases involving motor vehicles, as demonstrated by the following:
- $50 Million Jury Verdict
- $40.8 Million Settlement
- $37.5 Million Jury Verdict
Understanding Missouri Motorcycle Laws
In 2022 alone, there were 151 motorcyclist fatalities, according to the Missouri Coalition for Roadway Safety. This makes up 14% of all fatalities in the state. Other motorists are a danger to Missouri motorcyclists.
Here’s what you need to know about the laws that protect motorcyclists.
- The mandatory helmet law applies to individuals under 26 or those with a motorcycle learner’s permit. Missouri motorcyclists are free to exercise the choice of wearing a helmet, according to RSMo 302.020. And while it’s smart to wear a helmet when using your bike, it’s not always a guarantee of safety.In research published by the National Safety Council, motorcyclists who wore helmets were in more fatal accidents from 2020-2021.
- Lane splitting is still legal for motorcyclists. While the Missouri state legislature has attempted to pass laws to clarify lane splitting and filtering, these bills have yet to pass.
- Motorcycle accident victims’ cases are typically governed by the standard statute of limitations. Missouri motorcycle accident victims usually have five years to file their case, according to RSMo 516.120.
How A Good Motorcycle Accident Lawyer In Lee’s Summit Can Help Your Case
Motorcycle accident victims should know that strong legal expertise in motorcycle accident cases is crucial for a case’s success.
Here’s what a good Lee’s Summit motorcycle accident lawyer can do for you:
- Collect evidence. Evidence can make or break your case. Managing and documenting evidence such as clothing, photos, videos, surveillance footage, and witness testimony is part of a motorcycle accident lawyer’s job.
- Handle settlement negotiations or take your case to trial. A motorcycle accident lawyer is always looking out for your best interests, unlike those working for the insurance company.With lawyers like those at Dollar, Burns, Becker & Hershewe, on your side, you won’t have to worry about being bullied by insurance companies or opposing counsel. If settlement negotiations fall through, your lawyer can take your case to trial.
- Offer compassionate support. A good motorcycle accident injury lawyer will never charge you for things like answering an email or phone call due to a contingency fee payment structure.
Lee’s Summit Motorcycle Accident Victims Choose Dollar, Burns, Becker & Hershewe
Work with one of the best motorcycle accident lawyers in Jackson County, Missouri. Contact us by booking your free, no-obligation motorcycle accident case review online or by calling toll-free at (877) 816-2600.