Olathe Motorcycle Accident Lawyers

Motorcyclists are at high risk for traffic fatalities. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration reports that motorcyclists represented 14% of all traffic fatalities in 2020. If you have been injured in a motorcycle accident, you have rights. The experienced motorcycle accident lawyers at Dollar, Burns, Becker & Hershewe can help you understand your rights and guide you through making a claim for your damages. We offer free consultations. Call us toll-free at (877) 816-2600 to speak to one of our skilled Olathe motorcycle accident lawyers.

  • For over a century, we have been the voice of victims, securing over a billion dollars in verdicts and settlements.
  • Our nationally recognized lawyers strategically pursue all avenues of liability to demand accountability and maximize compensation for you and your loved ones.

If you are struggling with a motorcycle accident injury, we can help you with your claim. Our experienced Olathe motorcycle accident attorneys will fight to recover compensation for your damages while you focus on your recovery. Call us toll-free today at (877) 816-2600 to speak with one of our experienced Olathe personal injury attorneys.

What Type of Damages Can I Recover from a Motorcycle Accident Injury Claim?

If you have suffered a serious or catastrophic injury in a motorcycle accident, you may be entitled to recover 3 different types of damages. Missouri law allows motorcycle accident victims to recover:

  • Economic damages – these are tangible monetary losses caused by the accident such as medical expenses, lost wages, lost earning capacity, and property damage
  • Non-economic damages – these are intangible non-monetary losses caused by the accident such as mental anguish, pain and suffering, loss of capacity to enjoy life, and physical impairment
  • Punitive damages – these are intended to punish the person who caused your accident if their conduct was malicious

How Much Time Do I Have to File a Claim?

In Missouri, the statute of limitations for most motorcycle accident injury claims is five years. This means that you have five years from the date of your accident to file a claim. Failure to file within that time is essentially a forfeiture of your right to make a claim, and if you wait to file after five years you will be barred from making a claim. While five years is the general statute of limitation, it is always a good idea to speak with an experienced motorcycle injury lawyer in Olathe as soon as possible after the accident that caused your injury. Your lawyer will be able to advise you on your legal options, and if you have a valid claim, the sooner your lawyer begins to work on your case, the better your chances of securing a fair recovery.

How Our Olathe Motorcycle Accident Attorneys Can Help You

When you have been injured in a motorcycle accident, you need a motorcycle accident attorney in Olathe who will fight aggressively for you at every stage of the legal process so you can focus on your recovery. To recover compensation for your damages on a claim based on negligence, you must prove:

  • The defendant owed you a duty of care
  • The defendant failed to fulfill that duty
  • You suffered injury as a result of their failure
  • You suffered actual damages from your injury

You must prove that the defendant’s action was a substantial factor in causing your injury.  These elements of a claim are not always simple or easy to prove. An experienced Olathe motorcycle accident lawyer will investigate your case, gather supporting evidence, and defend your position against the insurance companies.

At Dollar, Burns, Becker & Hershewe, we diligently prepare your case so that we are court-room ready if a negotiated settlement is not in your best interest

Contact an Experienced Olathe Motorcycle Accident Attorney

If you have been injured in a motorcycle accident, it’s time for you to take action. Call the Olathe motorcycle accident attorneys at Dollar, Burns, Becker & Hershewe to get started. We offer free consultations. Call us toll-free today at (877) 816-2600.