Jill’s entire career has been dedicated to helping people who often cannot help themselves. From small children and disabled adults to the elderly, she stands with victims of abuse, fighting for their rights. Jill focuses on representing clients in civil claims against those who failed to protect them from abuse. In addition. her many jury trials include those she has conducted while serving as a special sexual abuse attorney for counties surrounding the Kansas City region.
Jill is currently on the 16th Circuit Judicial Commission to fill judicial vacancies, pursuant to the Missouri Nonpartisan Court Plan. The commission interviews and nominates a panel of 3 applicants for the Governor’s consideration for appointment to the Jackson County bench.
In addition, Jill was appointed by the Missouri Supreme Court to serve on its Advisory Committee. In this role she serves as the Chief Hearing Officer in disciplinary proceedings involving lawyers charged with ethical violations.
Over her 30-year career, Jill has learned that victims of abuse are motivated by much more than large settlements. Instead, they need to be assured that what happened to them will not happen to anyone else.
The Voice of Victims
“My entire career, I’ve been committed to the voice of people who are victims of abuse or neglect. Our firm can speak for them, give them a voice, when they might not be able to speak for themselves.”
Prior to joining the firm, Jill was an assistant prosecuting attorney in Jackson County, Missouri, where she prosecuted felony criminal cases including robberies, burglaries, assaults and homicides. Jill spent the majority of her tenure with the Prosecutor’s Office in the Child Abuse & Sex Crimes Unit. She participated in numerous jury trials including cases of adult sex crimes and crimes perpetrated against children. She continues to represent victims of abuse in civil claims as a personal injury attorney to recover for their damages and prevent further abuse.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- 16th Circuit Judicial Commission, Member
- Association for Women Lawyers of Greater Kansas City, Member and Denise Henning Connections Mentoring Program
- Advisory Committee for the Missouri Supreme Court
- Missouri Supreme Court Regional Disciplinary Committee, Former Chair
- Jackson County Child Sexual Abuse Task Force, Former Chair
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association, Member
- Nursing Home Negligence Committee, Member
- The Missouri Bar, Member
- The Kansas Bar, Member
- Missouri Association of Trial Attorneys, Member
- Brain Injury Association of Kansas and Greater Kansas City, Member of Board of Directors, Past President
Awards & Honors
- Best Lawyers in America – 2019-2024
- Super Lawyers – Top 50 Women in Missouri/Kansas – 2023
- Super Lawyers – 2018-2023, 2008
- Who’s Who Top Lawyers – 2020
- Missouri Lawyer’s Weekly – Women’s Justice Award, Litigation Practitioner – 2018
- Jackson County Child Advocacy Coalition – Child Advocate Award